Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Blog Reflection

What do you feel is the most useful technology you have learned this semester?

I definitely think the most useful technology I have learned this semester was the class website. I really enjoyed the Wiki version rather than the Google version though. Since the semester is over and I have time, I will be making a Wiki site rather than maintaining my Google site. This resource will be so helpful for students when they are needing help outside of school time. It will also be very useful for collaboration among students in the classroom in the sharing of ideas and projects, and even study helps.

How do you plan to use this or other technologies in your future classroom?

I will be using a class website to set up group projects, study guides, reading assignments, and general communication between me and the students. I think that all of these methods will be helpful to both me and the students, enabling us to be more efficient in our teaching and learning.

How can you use these technologies to engage your students in "active" learning?

With technology, it is not simply something that can be shown to your students. They have to experiment with it and learn how to use it as well. Often the students will be the ones teaching us rather than us teaching them when it comes to technology. Having my students do projects using any of these technologies will be essential in ensuring that all the students are participants and active learners.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of a wiki for a classroom discussion. Students 'get' technology. They know about the spread of information; in some ways, they're more comfortable with that than actually talking to people.

    I think it would be really interesting to see if you could use the wiki to "jigsaw" a topic. Each group puts together an article on a given historical topic, and then they put them onto to the class wiki to serve as a grand study guide for the final exam. This would give them a homemade review guide.

    ReplyDelete